Learn how to make a flower crown with fake flowers for a fraction of the cost! This tutorial provides easy to follow instructions with photos.
Check out our new video:
In order to make a flower crown with fake flowers, you will need the following supplies: fake flowers, wire cutters, thin wire, and hot glue. You will also need a headband or piece of ribbon to tie the flower crown around your head.
You will need the following supplies to make a flower crown with fake flowers:
-a measuring tape or string
-a pair of scissors
-a hot glue gun and glue sticks
-fake flowers in the colors and styles of your choice
-wire cutters (optional)
You’ll need some stiff wire to create the base for your flower crown. 20-22 gauge floral wire works well. You can find it online or at a craft store. Cut a length of wire that will comfortably go around your head, plus a few inches extra. If you plan on wearing your crown more than once, you might want to cut two pieces of wire and twist them together to create a sturdier base.
Ribbon is an important part of making a flower crown, as it will be used to tie the crown together and make it adjustable to fit any head size. You can use any type of ribbon, but a thinner ribbon will be easier to work with. You will need about 2-3 feet of ribbon for each flower crown.
Flower crowns are a beautiful accessory for any outfit, and they’re actually very easy to make! All you need are some fake flowers, wire, ribbon, and a hot glue gun. You can find all of these supplies at your local craft store. Follow these simple steps to make your own flower crown.
Cut the wire to fit your head
Start by cutting a piece of wire that will comfortably fit around your head. You can make the crown as tight or loose as you’d like, but keep in mind that it will be weighed down by the flowers, so err on the side of too loose rather than too tight.
Next, make a small loop at one end of the wire to keep the flowers from sliding off. You can do this by bending the wire back on itself and twisting it around to form a loop, or you can use pliers to make a small hook.
Wrap the wire around your head and twist to secure
1. Start by wrapping the wire around your head to determine how long it should be. Add orremove a few inches to allow for some wiggle room, then cut the wire.
2. Next, use the wire cutters to make a small hook at one end of the wire. This will help keep your flowers in place once they’re added.
3. To add the flowers, start with one at a time and wrap the stem around the wire. Then, add the next flower and continue until you’ve added all of them.
4. Once all of the flowers are in place, gently adjust them so that they’re evenly distributed around the crown. And that’s it! You’ve now got a beautiful floral crown that’s perfect for any springtime occasion.
Cut the stems of the flowers
To begin, you will need to cut the stems off of all of your flowers. You will want to leave about 1-2 inches of stem on each flower so that you can easily insert it into the crown later.
If you are using fresh flowers, you will also want to remove any leaves that are on the stems.
Arrange the flowers on the wire
1.Start by arranging the flowers on the wire. You can do this by laying out all of the flowers first, and then inserting the wire through the back of the flower.
2.If you want to add more interest to your crown, you can add some greenery in between the flowers. Simply insert the wire through the leaves and then through the back of the flower.
3.Continue until all of the flowers are attached to the wire. Make sure that all of the flowers are facing in the same direction.
4.Once all of the flowers are attached, you can adjust them so that they are evenly spaced out on the wire. You may need to gently bend the wire to get it into shape.
5.Now it’s time to add some ribbon! Start by tying a piece of ribbon around one end of the wire, and then make a small loop with the ribbon. This will be used to tie the crown onto your head.
6.Cut a long piece of ribbon, and then tie it around the other end of the wire. You can leave this ribbon hanging down, or you can cut it into a shorter length and tie it off with a bow
Wrap the ribbon around the base of the flowers and tie in a bow
1. Cut a 6-inch piece of green floral wire for each flower.
2. Push the wire through the base of the foam flower, about 1/4 inch from the bottom edge.
3. Bend the wire back on itself to form a loop. This will be used to secure the flower to the crown later on.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for each flower.
5. Once all of the flowers are wired, arrange them in desired order on a tabletop or work surface.
6. Begin wrapping the ribbon around the flowers, starting at the base of one flower and working your way up.
7. As you wrap, tuck the flowers close together so that they are touching or overlap slightly.
8. When you reach the top of the first flower, continue wrapping the ribbon around itself several times to secure in place.
9. Cut off excess ribbon and tuck under wraps to conceal sharp edges.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 until all flowers are wrapped and secured in place
Tips and Tricks
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make flower crowns with fake flowers, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll share some tips and tricks for making beautiful flower crowns that will last for years to come.
Use a hot glue gun to secure the flowers in place
A hot glue gun will be your best friend when it comes to crafting with fake flowers. It will allow you to secure the flowers in place without damaging them, and it dries quickly so you can continue working on your project without having to wait for the glue to set.
Mix and match different types and colors of flowers
One of the keys to creating a beautiful flower crown is mixing and matching different types and colors of flowers. You can choose to go with all one color, or mix things up for a more colorful look. Consider adding some greenery into the mix as well, for a bit of contrast. And don’t be afraid to get creative – there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to making flower crowns!
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, it’s time to start assembling your flower crown. Begin by trimming the stems of your flowers so they are about 6 inches long. Then, start attaching the flowers to the base of the crown, working your way around in a circle. overlap the flowers as you go, and tuck in any loose ends. When you’re finished, simply adjust the flowers until they are in place, and then tie the ends of the wire together to secure it in place.
And that’s it – you’ve now made your very own flower crown! Whether you wear it to a summer party or just use it as decoration, we hope you enjoy showing off your creation.
Try using real flowers for a more natural look
Despite the popularity of fake flowers, there are still many people who prefer the natural look of real flowers. If you’re one of those people, there are a few things you can do to make your flower crowns with real flowers.
Here are a few tips and tricks:
– Choose in-season flowers for the freshest look.
– Get your flowers from a local florist or farmer’s market for the best selection.
– Treat your flowers with an antibacterial solution to help them stay fresh longer.
– Use a wire or floral tape to secure the stems together before attaching them to the crown.
– Wrap the stems tightly so that they don’t slip out of place.
– Use hot glue or floral adhesive to attach the flowers to the crown.
– Make sure that all of the leaves are removed from the stem before attaching them to the crown.
– Be careful not to overdo it with the glue or adhesive – too much can make the crown look stiff and fake.
Keyword: How to Make Flower Crowns with Fake Flowers