How to grow mushrooms commercially: Mushroom is a nutritious vegetable. Mushrooms are usually not grown on the soil like other vegetables. It is a lower class fungal parasitic plant. In order to sustain life, they take essential nutrients from organic matter.
Nutrition/health benefits of mushroom
- Mushrooms are incomparable as food. Since ancient times, it has been regarded as a nutritious, delicious and expensive food.
- Mushrooms are protein-rich vegetables. Therefore, it is also called vegetable meat. It contains 20-30 grams of protein per 100 grams (dried mushrooms).
- Mushrooms contain vitamin C, B complex, potassium, sodium, phosphorus and low amounts of calcium and iron. Mushrooms help maintain hemoglobin levels in the blood as iron is readily available.
- Mushrooms are a very low-calorie food. It has no cholesterol, very low in fat (2-6%) but contains linoleic acid, a fatty acid that needed for the body.
- Mushrooms have a moderate amount of carbohydrates and enough fiber (3-5%). It does not contain starch. Mushrooms are an ideal food for diabetics due to their low sugar content.
- Mushroom is also very beneficial for heart patients as it is low fat, free of cholesterol and linoleic acid.
Medicinal properties and various uses of mushrooms
- The use of mushrooms in various diseases is well known. Mushrooms are used for arthritis, pain, jaundice, worms, blood clotting.
- Mushrooms reduce blood pressure and work against tumor cells.
- Regular taking of mushrooms increases physical and mental strength. Increases blood circulation and relieves colds, coughs.
- Mushrooms are beneficial for patients with high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Having enough fiber in the mushroom helps keep the body slim.
- Mushrooms relieve constipation. Mushroom Protein Digestibility is 70-80 % that’s why it is the simplest and most important diet for patients with diarrhea.
- Mushrooms are also used Color bottle cork, as photo frames and flower vases.
Varieties of mushroom
There are several thousand varieties of mushrooms in nature,
of which 8-10 varieties are commercially cultivated. Cultivated mushroom varieties
- Oyster mushroom
- Milk mushrooms
- Wood ear mushroom
- Button mushroom
- Heat tolerate button mushroom
- Shitake mushroom
- Paddy straw mushroom
How to grow mushrooms (oyster mushroom) Step-by-step
what conditions are needed for a mushroom to grow?
Currently, commercially oyster mushroom cultivation is more prevalent. Ready-to-produce PP bags are provided for farmers with spawn filling substrate. Farmers produce crops from these supplied bags. About 500 grams of weight produced bags include –
powder = 64% 2. Wheat husk = 32% 3. Rice
bran = 4%
- A small amount of lime and water is added to the mixture. The packets should be arranged in rows of wood and bamboo in the paved floor.
- Then you have to cut off the crescent shape on both sides of the bag. The cut part should be sliced a little.
- After slicing, the bag should be immersed in clean water for 21-30 minutes.
- Then the bag should be turned over on a clean floor or wire mesh for half an hour to allow inside excess water to drain.
- Now, in the cultivation room, the bags should be kept in a linear manner on a wooden bed or a bamboo machete.
- If the outside temperature is low, cover the bag with polythene and keep it for 2/3 days to increase the temperature inside the bag. At this time, the humidity needs to 80% and the temperature needs to 25-300 0C in the room.
- Spray water regularly in the bags.
- If the covered with polythene then it should remove 3/4 times for 10-15 minutes for air circulation.
- After 2/3 days, a white pin-like part can be seen with the cut part of the bag. If the mushrooms are big after 2/3 days, then it should be collected.
- New mushrooms will be produced by spraying water from the other side of the bag.
- Mushroom can be harvested 3/4 times from each bag.
Management of insects and diseases
The incidence of flies may occur in mushrooms. This is why Malathion (1.5%) can be sprayed. In addition, formaldehyde (5%), soaked in cotton and rubbed in substrates, will remove the greenish-brown or blue mold.
You can see more articles about gardening tips
Keyword: Best Way Of How To Grow Mushrooms