Gifs are a great way to add some personality and flair to your presentations. They can help break up text-heavy slides, add visual interest, and even make your points more memorable.
If you’re not sure how to use gifs in your presentations, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll show you how to find and insert gifs into your slides, as well as some tips on using them effectively. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Why use gifs in presentations
Gifs can be a great way to add some fun and personality to your presentations. They can help break up text-heavy slides, add visual interest, and even make your points more memorable.
In addition, gifs can be a great way to add some levity to serious topics. They can help lighten the mood and make your audience more engaged.
How to find the perfect gif for your presentation
The first step is to find the perfect gif for your presentation. There are a few different places you can look:
- Giphy: Giphy is a search engine specifically for gifs. You can search by keywords or browse through categories to find the perfect gif for your presentation.
- Tenor: Tenor is another gif search engine that’s easy to use. You can search by keyword or browse through popular categories.
- Google Images: You can also find gifs on Google Images. Just enter your search term and click on the “Images” tab. Then, click on the “Tools” drop-down menu and select “Animated.” This will show you all the gifs that are available for your search term.
Once you’ve found a few gifs that you like, it’s time to insert them into your presentation.
how to put a gif in powerpoint
Now that you’ve found the perfect gif, it’s time to insert it into your presentation. Here’s how:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- Click on the slide where you want to insert the gif.
- Go to the “Insert” tab and click “Pictures.”
- Locate the gif file on your computer and click “Insert.”
- The gif will now be inserted into your slide.
- You can also insert gifs into Google Slides and Keynote presentations. Just follow the same steps as above.
Tips for using gifs in presentations
Now that you know how to insert gifs into your presentation, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t overdo it: A little goes a long way when it comes to using gifs in presentations. Too many gifs can be distracting and even overwhelming for your audience.
- Choose quality over quantity: It’s better to use a few high-quality gifs than a bunch of low-quality ones. Stick with reputable sources like Giphy and Tenor to find the best gifs.
- Make sure they’re relevant: Only use gifs that are relevant to your presentation. Don’t just insert them for the sake of it.
- Keep them short: Short gifs are more effective than long ones. Nobody wants to watch a 10-second gif when they’re trying to pay attention to your presentation.
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to start using gifs in your presentations. Just remember to use them sparingly and choose quality over quantity. Your audience will thank you!
Examples of great presentations with gifs
If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out these great examples of presentations with gifs:
- The Future of Work by Rachel Gillett
- The Evolution of the Web by Tim Berners-Lee
- The Science of Learning by Benedict Carey
- What the F*** Should I Make For Dinner? by Zach Goldenberg
If you’re anything like me, you have moments where you stare into your fridge and think “what should I make for dinner?” It can be a tough decision, especially if you’re trying to be healthy. But never fear! I’m here to help. We hope this article has given you everything you need to know about using gifs in presentations. So what are you waiting for? Start adding some personality to your slides today!
Keyword: Bring Your Presentations To Life With Gifs